Sorry but I have been tied up creating a new site at ForexForever.co.uk as I hope to get further funding from this site to upgrade the MBF site.
Pay-outs during period starting 7 October 2014
You will find the site here www.mybestfive.com. However, the site has not been updated for a couple of years now so the information below is out-dated and is there only as a showpiece of the site for the future.
We offer a pay-out on stories that feature in the Favourites, Recent section and it is regulated by the number of Likes articles received. To see the schedule and pay-out on offer please read the Membership page on the site. For the conditions that apply you should refer to this page.
We have no control over the Likes, the list is user generated. The pay-out applies to the Recent list only and not to the All Time favourites. Be fair, be generous and if you read an article you enjoy reward the author by hitting the Like tab. Others will do the same for you.
The current list will be compiled during 7 October to 20 October 2014 inclusive. It will then operate every 14 days thereafter.
What else should I know?
Not much. All of the site content is decided by our users and not the site owners. Every two weeks the Recent list is automatically wiped clean and starts again with a fresh list.
Any conditions I should know about?
A few so we suggest you read the following. Pay-outs apply to the Recent list only and NOT the All Time list.
1) To write anything you must register on the site, but that's easy and quite private as it does not ask for personal identification. You cannot register more than once using different screen names. No credit card details required for free membership. To qualify for the pay-out you must publish a photo of yourself, shown as your avatar, taken within the last three years.
2) You cannot receive any pay-out in two successive periods, so if your stories get Likes twice running, tough, you'll only get paid for the first one. You can only receive one pay-out in any one top 5 recent list. Also, you may only receive any pay-out 4 times in a successive thirteen list period starting from the date of the first win. That still comes to 8 times a year.
3) It is Likes that pay-out, not visits or views.
4) You must own the copyright of anything you publish.
5) You may not collude with any member(s) to increase the number of Likes of any story.
6) A duplicate already published story on this site or edited version thereof cannot receive a pay-out. Therefore a winning story or an edited version cannot get a second pay-out.
7) A story must be 300 words (English language only) or more. It must be original and not have been published elsewhere unless it is your own story. It can be a copy or edited version of another story published outside of this web site provided it is your own published work. In all cases you must own the copyright of the material.
8) If your membership becomes inactive we reserve the right to keep onsite any submitted article(s) for not less than six months from the date of posting.
What else does the site do?
Quite a lot. You can read other user profiles and make contact with people you find interesting. You can write your own journal; post messages; send eCards; upload pictures into albums; have private areas where only people you invite can enter, and quite a lot more.
Plus it's all totally free!
Don't wait, do it now, go to www.mybestfive.com and get reading and writing!